4 chicken drumsticks
4 slices of Parma ham
3 gloves of garlic
1 fresh red chili
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Salt and pepper
The simple yet varied flavors of Italian cuisine have made it a popular choice in all four corners of the world. And there's no dish more revered than chicken wrapped in Parma ham. We used chicken drumsticks, but use a different cut if you prefer.
1. Clean the chicken drumsticks.
2. Prepare the marinade by cutting the red chili and garlic into small pieces, then mixing with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
3. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper and place them in the marinade. Make sure each drumstick is well coated – leave them in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Take the drumsticks out of the fridge. Heat two tablespoons of butter in a pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken until it begins to turn golden brown. Now add the honey and the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice. Fry for two more minutes.
5. Remove the drumsticks from the pan and leave them to cool for 10 minutes.
6. Wrap each chicken drumstick in slices of Parma ham.
7. Gently fry each wrapped drumstick on all sides for about 30 seconds, until the ham begins to crisp. Serve immediately.